Road Safety Education Program For a New Generation of Drivers
COURSE PROFILE AND ASSOCIATED SERVICES
The Société de l’Assurance Automobile du Québec (SAAQ) : Effective date 17 January, 2010
Content: 24 hours of theory classes / 15 hours of practical in-car driving lessons
Duration: 13 months to obtain a driver’s license
PHASE 1 – Module 1 thru 5
You will attend 10 hours of theory classes - given once a week (2 hours per session).
* Module 1 - The Vehicle
* Module 2 - The Driver
* Module 3 - The Environment
* Module 4 - At-Risk Behaviors, and
* Module 5 – Revision & Evaluation
You will pass an exam (at the West Island Motor League Driving School) After successful completion of the exam, you will receive a certificate from the West Island Motor League that you will take to the SAAQ to obtain your Learner’s Permit.
Note: There must be a minimum 28 day period between the time of your first course at the driving school and the SAAQ.
A Learner’s permit is valid for 18 months from date of issue and may be renewed. You have 4 demerit points.
PHASE 2 & 3 – Module 6 thru 11
1. Over the course of the next 10 months, you are required to complete an additional 14 hours of theory in the classroom as well as 12 hours of practical in-car lessons. You must be present at all of the 24 hours of theory classes scheduled for your group. You are required to sign in. If you miss a class, you will have to wait for a matching schedule with another group.
2. At the end of the 10 months you will return to the SAAQ for the formal written test. You will be tested on Road Signs, The Highway Safety Code, and general knowledge. You will also be required to have a vision test.
You must have your Learner’s Permit and a second piece of identification.
A passing score is 75%. Failure represents a 28 day delay before re-scheduling another test.
PHASE 4 – Module 12 & Session 15 Synthesis
There is a waiting period of two months between the written test and the practical test, given that you are on-track. As long as you meet the minimum waiting times, the waiting period can be less. During that time, you will receive an additional 3 hours of practical in-car lessons.
THE ROAD TEST
Probationary Permit: At the end of the two months, you return to the SAAQ for the practical exam. The Probationary Permit is valid for a period of 2 years. You have 4 Demerit Points. Failure of the exam represents a 28 day delay before re-scheduling another test.
The West Island Motor League is conveniently located in the heart of Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue. The school is housed in our own building facing Lake St-Louis. Ample parking right next door.
For more information regarding our easy payment plan, student discounts, group specials, seasonal bonuses and gift certificates call us at 514.457.7777. We offer 24/7 phone service, to assist our customers and their busy schedules.
Debit Visa, Visa, and MasterCard are accepted.
Register early to reserve your spot